Thursday, 18 February 2016

Construction Worker Survived Despite Iron Pole Piercing Both Sides Of His Skull (Viewers Discretion)

construction worker has miraculously survived after a seven-foot long iron rod impaled his skull and partially exited from the back of his head.

Construction worker Mohammad Guddu survived the terrible accident at work despite the huge rod piercing both sides of his skull. The  worker suffered when a seven foot iron rod impaled his skull. Amazingly Mohammad Guddu survived the horrifying wound, despite the metal pole going right through his head and brain.

Doctors saved the 24-year-old construction worker's life by cutting open his skull bone to pull out the rod during five-hour long surgery.Shocking x-rays show the rod totally embedded through his head.
Mr Guddu was mixing cement in Mumbai, in western India, when a the pole accidentally fell from the fourth floor, piercing through the top of his head.

Rod entering front of head and coming out from back of his skull

 He was immediately taken to Sion Hospital by co-workers where a team of neurosurgeons conducted the emergency surgery.While Mr Guddu is now out of danger and responding well to treatment, he has developed paralysis on the left side of his body. But doctors say he will fully recover in three months.

His friend Tanveer, 27, said: "He had joined work just 15 days ago and on the fateful day, he was working on the other side when we heard his screams. "When we reached the spot we could not believe a rod had pierced through his skull.

"He was conscious and asking for help."He is a strong lad, and we are just so elated that he survived this accident." Dr Batuk Diyora, the neurosurgeon who led the team, said: "It is indeed a miracle that the man survived such an injury.

Xray Of Construction worker's skull Pierced By Rod

"It was a tricky surgery but what helped saving him was the fact that the rod had pierced a non eloquent region of his brain, an area that has no easily discernible cognitive, motor, or sensory functions and didn't damage the vital arteries that carry blood to the brain."

"The patient's brain stem wasn't damaged and the arteries carrying blood to the brain were also safe," the doctor continued. "The rod was sterilised to ensure there wasn't an infection."

Mr Guddu is likely to remain in hospital for at least two weeks. His friends and co-workers, who witnessed the shocking accident, are amazed he survived the incident.